Several administrative APIs, previously only available to Google Apps for Business and Education customers, are now available to all Google Apps editions. These APIs, including the Admin Audit API, Admin Settings API, SAML Single-Sign On, and the Reporting API, allow you to make bulk changes to users and settings on your domain, and download detailed information and statistics.
Please note that certain APIs, including the Calendar Resource API, Shared Contacts API, Email Settings API, and Email Audit API, are still limited to Google Apps for Business and Education editions.
Examples of administrative API actions now available to all Google Apps editions include:
- Create, rename, suspend, or delete users
- Retrieve a list of all users
- Move users between suborganizations
- Get details about usage statistics and storage quota
- Add and remove users from Groups
When accessing the APIs from a script, you can combine operations to perform actions in bulk. For example, you could retrieve a list of all users, and then add a new email alias for each one. You might also process a list of new accounts from a local file and use your script to create each user in Apps. We offer several client libraries so that you can easily use the APIs with your favorite programming language.
Google Apps, Google Apps for Business, Government and Education
How to access what's new:
- Get started with Google Apps APIs at our Google Code site
- Experience the API authentication flow and try sample calls at the OAuth 2.0 Playground
- Learn how the SSO authentication flow integrates with Apps
- Engage with our developer community to learn more, assist others, and get help
For more information:
New look available for Gmail, Calendar, Docs and Sites! Find out more at whatsnew.googleapps.com/new-look
Get these product update alerts by email
Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates